Mercury Group Uganda takes the time to assess the options businesses have in cloud computing, ensuring that the cloud technology and providers we recommend are the best in terms of security, performance and cost-effectiveness.
We are certified resellers of some of the leading cloud solutions. We guide you through the process of analyzing your needs for the cloud, identifying risks and returns, identifying the right solution for you and providing full implementation and monitoring services. These services are as follows:
- Cloud Consulting Services
- Cloud Integration Services
- Cloud-Based Backup Services
- Cloud Security
- Remote and Onsite Support
- Technology Vendor Management
Ask us about our Cloud-Based “Business in a Box” service. All you need are thin/low cost clients at your business – no costly servers – we handle all of your server and PC needs.
Local and Cloud Backup of Data Only Benefits and Downsides
• Backup is fast.
• Backup is encrypted.
• A local restore can be done very quickly.
• You don’t have to take the backup unit offsite.
• If a disaster strikes your office, there is a backup of the backup in a secure offsite location.
• Many vendors also replicate your backup data to several geographical sites. This is important because if the vendor suffers a disaster, the remote sites will preserve you data.
• Price. Many times it is very costly; however, some vendors are starting to reduce prices.
• Bandwidth. Like the cloud backups, the full backups can sometimes take days to get the first complete backup to the final destination.
• If the computer should suffer a disaster, a new computer must be fully prepared and loaded with system software, application software, etc., before the restore can begin.
• If the data restore has to originate from the Cloud, it could take many days to restore your computer. However, some vendors will now send you a new local device so that you can restore your data more quickly.